Alex adopted me a number of years ago. He actually belonged to the neighbor on the east side of me, yet spent hours hanging
out with his kitty friends that lived with my neighbors to the west. He traveled through my yard going back and forth between
home and friends.

At that time I had been laid off at work and was spending more time in my home office and patio area. Alex began spending more and more time on one of my Adirondack chairs, during which we had great conversations. He is very vocal and expressive. He also started to follow me into the house. He was unbelievably well mannered. I set out a water bowl for him. I was also rather allergic to him.

An allergy prescription and a year later, I set out a food bowl. I still cannot keep Alex in the house overnight (swollen yucky eyes and congestion issues). Yet he knows that he is welcome to join his kitty friends next door in a comfy kitty igloo in the kitties’ house. It’s a perfect arrangement.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Sister Road Trip - Part 1 (03/02/2010)

Today's post includes photos from Sedona and Jerome. I'll post photos and information on the cliff dwellings and other ruins during the week.

One of the beautiful rock monuments in Sedona

Sister (Vera Jean), chaperone (Amy the dog), and I hiked to the famous Bell Rock; photo taken at over half way there.


Amazing - Chapel built into rock.

At Jerome - We're standing on steps leading from one street to the street below/above. We are standing a little above street level, behind us you can see two streets up! (click on photos to enlarge)
OH MY GOSH we had soooo much fun! We had two rain days – a good thing – it gave us time to recoup and recover.

We took a day trip south and east of Phoenix and another day trip south and west of Phoenix to visit the ruins of long ago abandoned communities. We drove through the stunning Sonoran Desert that is even more beautiful this year due to the unusual amount of rain it has received.

We also spent two full days exploring Sedona, Oak Creek Canyon and the surrounding areas of Jerome (old mining town clinging to the mountain side) and more ancient ruins at Tuzigoot and Montezuma Castle.

We laughed and talked and talked and laughed and drove and stopped and took photos and ate and ate some more and…. In other words, we had a wonderful adventure and enjoyed every minute of it.

Chat Later
Julene

2 comments:

Linda said...

Hello, Julene! I'm so glad you commented on my blog. I drove by your house last week and thought, "I wonder how Julene's doing. I should stop by." I may just do that someday soon!

Amy Arnaz said...

Hi Julene ~ That whole area around & including Sedona is remarkable geologically. I haven't see the ruins in that area but have seen the geology all over the SW. Nothing could be prettier. I haven't seen that chapel built into the cliffs! Wow. What a feat to build that. Glad you had a fun trip. Amy (the person)