Alex adopted me a number of years ago. He actually belonged to the neighbor on the east side of me, yet spent hours hanging
out with his kitty friends that lived with my neighbors to the west. He traveled through my yard going back and forth between
home and friends.

At that time I had been laid off at work and was spending more time in my home office and patio area. Alex began spending more and more time on one of my Adirondack chairs, during which we had great conversations. He is very vocal and expressive. He also started to follow me into the house. He was unbelievably well mannered. I set out a water bowl for him. I was also rather allergic to him.

An allergy prescription and a year later, I set out a food bowl. I still cannot keep Alex in the house overnight (swollen yucky eyes and congestion issues). Yet he knows that he is welcome to join his kitty friends next door in a comfy kitty igloo in the kitties’ house. It’s a perfect arrangement.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

STAYCATION (May 25, 2010)


SISTER SISTER

Sister/Staycation was with my second to the youngest sister. Sister/Road Trip was with my youngest sister. I am the oldest of four sisters or in other words the fourth to the youngest - the third to the youngest sister is on a church mission.

This sister (Kathy) and her husband (Jerry) traded their time share condo for time in Las Vegas at the Wyndham which is located very close to the Las Vegas Strip. Since I actually stayed with them – I was on a staycation instead of a vacation; and since I rarely visit the “resort corridor” I enjoyed being a tourist with them. As usual - we talked too much, ate too much, gambled a little too much, and had far too much fun!



We also took a day trip to Boulder City and Hoover Dam to see the mountain sheep and the new bridge that is nearing completion. In the photo showing the bridge (taken from the Nevada side) you can see how far below the bridge the river is; the flat part above the span will be the driving lanes - yikes!

In the other photo, Jerry, Kathy, and I are on the Arizona side of the dam; please notice our fine hairdos – yes the wind WAS blowing that hard!!! We could hardly stay standing – you wonder why I’m not going to be driving my little car across the bridge :)




Chat later
Julene

No comments: