Alex adopted me a number of years ago. He actually belonged to the neighbor on the east side of me, yet spent hours hanging
out with his kitty friends that lived with my neighbors to the west. He traveled through my yard going back and forth between
home and friends.

At that time I had been laid off at work and was spending more time in my home office and patio area. Alex began spending more and more time on one of my Adirondack chairs, during which we had great conversations. He is very vocal and expressive. He also started to follow me into the house. He was unbelievably well mannered. I set out a water bowl for him. I was also rather allergic to him.

An allergy prescription and a year later, I set out a food bowl. I still cannot keep Alex in the house overnight (swollen yucky eyes and congestion issues). Yet he knows that he is welcome to join his kitty friends next door in a comfy kitty igloo in the kitties’ house. It’s a perfect arrangement.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Neighborhood 4th of July (07/06/2010)

4TH OF JULY IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD

My neighborhood got together for a 4th of July celebration - BTW they are all wonderful! A couple of the neighbors have lived in their homes for 50 years. Another neighbor and her husband live in the home her father built. We have two sets of young teachers - one with a year old, a couple of single ladies, a retired couple, and a couple of working couples - in other words, alot of diversity!!

We gathered at the Acuna's home and everybody brought a pot-luck dish to share. In this photo - Hank, chief cook and his assistant, Dennis. We had soooo much good food and conversation!!









Even the weather cooperated. It was just under 100 degrees - we all loved it! When the fireworks program started, we just walked across the street to sit in that neighbor's yard to watch the sky light up.







The festivities seemed to be enjoyed by all.

Even Alex reflected on the significance of the day!


Chat later
Julene

No comments: