Alex adopted me a number of years ago. He actually belonged to the neighbor on the east side of me, yet spent hours hanging
out with his kitty friends that lived with my neighbors to the west. He traveled through my yard going back and forth between
home and friends.

At that time I had been laid off at work and was spending more time in my home office and patio area. Alex began spending more and more time on one of my Adirondack chairs, during which we had great conversations. He is very vocal and expressive. He also started to follow me into the house. He was unbelievably well mannered. I set out a water bowl for him. I was also rather allergic to him.

An allergy prescription and a year later, I set out a food bowl. I still cannot keep Alex in the house overnight (swollen yucky eyes and congestion issues). Yet he knows that he is welcome to join his kitty friends next door in a comfy kitty igloo in the kitties’ house. It’s a perfect arrangement.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

TAKING THE CAKE...


I’m conducting an informal survey. For those of you who lost (laid off) your well paying long-term job during the ‘Great Recession” have you experienced any of the following in gaining employment as ‘under-employed’?

            Managers: who have little or no training in management – therefore they lack management skills, people skills, training skills, communication skills, etc.?

            Small Business owners who basically lack all/most of the above skills? And due to lack of skills are frequently in ignorance of human resource laws, rules, and regulations?

I ask because I’m sooooo frustrated at losing my recent employment to just the type of person described in the above questions.

Due to a knee injury (at work) and not being able to fully carry out all of the work requests of my employer due to the physical limitation, she has declared that I have “refused” to carry out her instructions. She has continued to refuse to acknowledge or accept that I have an injury (even though my swollen knee is very obvious). So with her claim that I am refusing to do certain tasks she fired me – BY EMAIL! I was not only an employee I was a consignee (not long ago she set a small table of mine in an outside area – so how is it supposed to sell when it’s not even in the shop – that pigeons fly into – my table was covered with pigeon shit).

She has shorted my paycheck AND my consignment check!!! Incidentally the shop owner had told employees (all part-time) they have an employee discount on shop merchandise (non-consignment). Several days prior to being fired – I had added a book to the ‘calendar’ to be discounted and deducted from my salary (common practice). She deducted the full price of the book from my consignment check – when I brought it to her attention (this AM), she informed me “that employee deductions were not a right and so she chose to apply the full price." I looked at her and said I was the only employee she was pulling this CRAP on and that I was being discriminated against!!  I returned to the shop a couple of hours later – her daughter and boyfriend were making out at the counter – she was gone from the shop. I told the daughter I was returning the book (wrote a note – mail a refund check to me) and left it on the counter….

YIKES!!!
    

No comments: